Friday, January 07, 2005

Yeah, yeah, so I'm lazy.

It's not that I've not been cooking or eating, just that I've not been writing about it.
Much eating was done in Hawaii: sashimi, "baby chinese mustard cabbage" which turned out to be the same thing as baby bok choy, dim sum (yay!), poi, squid in taro root and coconut milk sauce, coconut cake, dried squid, lomi salmon (which we shall try making soon) ... more to come about some of these, eventually.
I also have a new favorite cookbook: Caprial's Bistro Style Cuisine.
Have made:
  • Cracked-pepper-encrusted salmon with green sauce
  • Spicy ratatouille in crêpes with garlic crème fraîche
  • Scallops with madeira mirin ginger glaze and almond & caper topping.
    I do not, however, have the book with me right now, so recipes shall come later.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home