Saturday, November 27, 2004

New Cooking Books!

But not cookbooks.

Celebrated Buy Nothing Day by going to Powell's for Cooks and Gardeners and getting Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain. I started reading it a little this morning; it's really funny and kind of scary. He is trying to make me start eating meat again, I just know it.

I also enjoyed this post by Bakerina so much that I bought this book and this book too. Yay for presents for myself.

Thanksgiving went relatively well despite the hostility. Mom didn't let me make anything but the salad. She tried to make me like Tofurky by putting an apricot jam glaze on it, but it didn't work. The jam was good, but I just don't like tofurky. Also I discovered she puts mayonnaise in her mashed potatoes. It's really good.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

Mayonnaise in mashed potatoes...?

Tofurkey is from Oregon, I didn't know that until recently. Not that would expect this fact to change your mind!

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home