Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Experimentation gone awry. Well, only a tiny bit.

I made biscuits again last night, which turned out lovely of course, and also another pot of tomato soup. I only had enough tomatoes for a batch and a half, so I did that, which was fine. I added less sugar, and that turned out to be a good decision. But instead of using all half and half, I only put 1/3 half and half and 2/3 2% milk, and when I added the milk to the tomato, it got tiny curdles instead of mixing all prettily. John said it is because the fat content of the milk wasn't high enough, so next time I'll try it 50% half and half and 50% 2%, and if that doesn't work, I'll try whole milk instead of 2%. I prefer to use what I have on hand rather than buying whole milk, but I guess we can just put it in our coffee ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home